Wednesday 18 November 2015

Love Feminisms

This morning I started working my way through Enjoy's latest journal, 'Love Feminisms', which accompanies the current show Enjoy Feminisms.  So far I've skimmed Chloe Cull's excellent-looking essay on Merata Mita and pondered Lana Lopesi and Louise Afoa's essay on Pasifika artists, performance art, and the 'perfect' body.

I really wanted to submit something when the call for proposals went out for this project, but couldn't fit it in. So I've made my own commitment. Last summer over the Christmas break I wrote Wikipedia entries for senior New Zealand women artists, people like Pauline Rhodes, Anne Noble and Christine Hellyar. This summer I'm going to focus on some of our female art historians, curators and administrators: people like Priscilla Pitts, Cheryll Sotheran, Alexa Johnston and Jenny Harper - so that, for example, the link to Harper on this stub about Luit Bieringa doesn't lead to a Two and a Half Men cast list.

No comments: