Wednesday 18 January 2012

Didactic

One of the things I do every summer is edit my Feedreader subscriptions (I know - wild, right?). This summer I stripped out a bunch of save-the-world web designy type subscriptions and replaced them with a new folder called Economics.

I've made a small selection of well-known blogs, from across the political spectrum. Since doing this about two weeks ago, I've been intrigued by how strong my reactions have been to the posts. many of them go straight over my head. But most days there's something in there that teaches me something, or forces me to think about casually-held assumptions (like this post about work hours limits, which are enforced for low status roles [e.g. manual labourers] but not high status roles [e.g. lawyers]).

Here's what I've signed up to:

Overcoming Bias by Robin Hanson, an associate professor at George Mason University

The Conscience of a Liberal by Paul Krugman, a professor at Princeton University (although I wish the NYT would push out the full posts via RSS, not just the headings)

Greg Mankiw's Blog by (believe it or not) Greg Mankiw, a professor at Harvard University

Marginal Revolutions by Tyler Cowen, a professor at George Mason University

Do you have any recommendations?

No comments: