Tuesday 21 September 2010

Coming up peaches

This morning my feed from the New Yorker's Book Bench blog popped up an article about the new Paris Review website.

Frankly, it's the Paris Review takes a less lighthearted approach to reading than I usually follow. But the site is really very attractive



The New Yorker describes it, rather endearingly, as having a 'clean, Frenchy feeling' and notes the use of a lithograph of Paris in the footer which draws a connection back to early print editions). Apparently the site will change out it's key colour with very season and edition of the journal, which I think is a lovely touch.

There was something soothingly familiar about the site, and casting about I realised it reminded me of another of my favourites: Thinking for a Living. Peach has never looked so good.


No comments: